[rules-users] How to implement custom editor for Drools Flow work definitions

Jay mzliang723 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 28 08:51:36 EDT 2011

Hi fellas,

I'm trying to implement custom email node of Drools flow, to add
'attachment' property to email node.
I know how to implement defining custom work definitions, but I don't know
how to implement a custom editor for it.
Because I need a File Chooser(just like JFileChooser) for 'attachment' to
select file as attachment of email, so I want to implement a custom editor
for it.

I've created a editor using SWING and AWT, and re-define email work
definition, below info is a extract from it:
"customEditor" : "com.icil.booking.as.drools.model.EmailEditor".

But it's not work, no editor shown after db click the email node.

Could anyone help me with your good ideas? I'll very appreciate what you do
for me.