[rules-users] drools in my web-app

Michael Anstis michael.anstis at gmail.com
Fri Apr 29 19:13:35 EDT 2011

Assuming you simply mean a web application, and not EJB too then use of a
StatelessKnowledgeSession per HTTP request offers the best scalability.

You can create the KnowledgeBase in a variety of standard ways;
ServletContextListener, @Singleton etc but your goal would be to create a
singleton instance of your KnowledgeBase.

If you mean to include EJB too then a SLSB can be used to handle interaction
with your StatelessKnowledgeSession.

If you need StatefulKnowledgeSessions then keeping then in HTTP session
scope is an option.

If you can use other Java web-frameworks, seam, spring etc then AFAIK your
options become wider.

With kind regards,

Mike