[rules-users] How to remove Drools 5 facts from a web service

Matthew Erler wires8 at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 1 17:14:48 EDT 2011

I have a web service in which I'm using a Drools 5 StatefulKnowledgeSession object.  The object lives between web service method invocations.  The first thing that the service method needs to do is clear out all the facts inserted during the last service method invocation.  I use StatefulKnowledgeSession.insert(Object fact) to add facts and StatefulKnowledgeSession.getAgenda().clear() to clear out all facts.  I don't think that .clear() is doing what I think it is because by using a println() statement inside my one and only rule's consequence I can see information from previous rules that should be gone.  In fact, the rule's consequence is invoked multiple times and I don't know why.  It's during those multiple invocations that the .println() shows me information about the current and previous facts.  The only method to fix this that I've come up with is to delete and recreate StatefulKnowledgeSession every time the web service's service method
 is invoked, but that feels like a poor work-around.  Any direction on how to delete facts is greatly appreciated.  Thank you.