[rules-users] Insert a fact into drools server from a web application or java application

kkelleyjr karl.kelley.jr at gmail.com
Tue Aug 2 13:11:46 EDT 2011

Update:

So I have the following as code that I found in a blog by salaboy...

List<String> myDomainClasses = new ArrayList<String>();
myDomainClasses.add("com.test.TestFact");

// I need to create a JAXB context including my domain classes
// to be able to create a JAXB representation to send to the server

JAXBContext jaxbContext =
DroolsJaxbContextHelper.createDroolsJaxbContext(myDomainClasses, null);

TestFact test = new TestFact();

// Once I get my object I need to create
// some commands to execute on the server
// Here I include a reference to the session that
// I define in my Knowledge Context Profile

List<Command> listOCommand = new ArrayList<Command>();
listOCommand.add(new InsertObjectCommand(test, "testFact"));

BatchExecutionCommand cmd = CommandFactory.newBatchExecution(listOCommand,
"ksession1");

// Once I get all I need to send to the server,
// I need to use the JAXB context
// to obtain the JAXB representation.

StringWriter xmlReq = new StringWriter();
javax.xml.bind.Marshaller marshaller = jaxbContext.createMarshaller();
marshaller.setProperty("jaxb.formatted.output", true);
marshaller.marshal(cmd, xmlReq);

// I create a HTTPClient to interact with the
// server via REST (HTTP POST)

DefaultHttpClient httpClient = new DefaultHttpClient();

HttpParams params = new BasicHttpParams();
params.setParameter(ClientPNames.DEFAULT_HOST, "localhost");

//Print the JAXB xml that we will send to the server
System.out.println(xmlReq.toString());

// Send the Commands JAXB representation to the server for execution
HttpPost postMethod = new
HttpPost("http://localhost:8080/MyService/kservice/rest/execute");

HttpParams p = new BasicHttpParams();
p.setParameter("command",  xmlReq.toString());
postMethod.setParams(p);

HttpResponse response = httpClient.execute(postMethod);

System.out.println(response);

Now I had to change a few things from the blog but it should be basically
the same as the post... I get the following exception...

1872701 [http-8080-1] ERROR processor.DefaultErrorHandler  - Failed delivery
for exchangeId: 839c6b11-3c2a-4106-9118-56417edfbab1. Exhausted after
delivery attempt: 1 caught: java.io.IOException: "null" doesnt contain
ObjectFactory.class or jaxb.index
java.io.IOException: "null" doesnt contain ObjectFactory.class or jaxb.index
	at org.apache.camel.util.IOHelper.createIOException(IOHelper.java:80)
	at org.apache.camel.util.IOHelper.createIOException(IOHelper.java:72)
	at
org.apache.camel.converter.jaxb.JaxbDataFormat.unmarshal(JaxbDataFormat.java:151)
	at
org.apache.camel.processor.UnmarshalProcessor.process(UnmarshalProcessor.java:51)

Thanks for any advice on this matter...