[rules-users] Fire Rule in Stateless Knowledge Session

snehils snehils at gmail.com
Mon Aug 8 04:23:52 EDT 2011

Hi,

I am new in Drools. I am using Drools version 5.1.0

My requirement is kind of request response, where I have to perform some
checks for the request and respond the result. Hence, I decided to go with
stateless knowledge session.

I have prepared .DRL file and it contains set of rules. When some request
receives I have to identify the rule(s) belongs to that request and then
fire the rule(s).

I am not able to figure out how to categories the rules request wise in DRL
file? Also, how to fire only those rules which belongs to the category.

For example, there are three kinds of requests Rq1, Rq2 and Rq3. There are
rules in DRL file: R1, R2, R3, R4 and R5. R1, R2 belongs to Rq1, R3 belongs
to Rq2 and R4, R5 belongs to Rq3.

When some request receives only its belonging rules should be fired. For
example, on receiving of Rq2 only R3 should be fired.

Please provide me some code snipped or link.

Thanks