[rules-users] Drools Queries with relation to the LHS and RHS syntax of the rule

Wolfgang Laun wolfgang.laun at gmail.com
Thu Aug 11 06:03:07 EDT 2011

On 11 August 2011 11:25, Dibya <dibya.tcs at gmail.com> wrote:

> Just to clarify ..
>
> 1. The fact ,that will be send from my appl ,will be having a list of name
> value pairs like
>
> Name                  Value
> ----------            -------------------
>
> Drools                  ABC
> Java                     XYZ
> Pega                     false
> TimeOut                60
>
> I have already java classes in my application which returns the value (when
> by pass the 'named string' to it)
>
> Eg : If I pass the named value as 'TimeOut' with a java method in my appl
> ,the method replies with value as '60' for the above object  (datatype
> pertaining to the 'named value' will be returned..hence have different
> menthods to handle it).

This should do it:

   $proj : Project()
   eval ($proj.getStringValue("Drools").equals ("ABC"))

Where Java permits it, you can also compare using operators:
   eval ($proj.getIntValue("Timeout") == 60 ))

> 2 . Second requirement is to pass the object ('projRes ') back to my
> application .
>
> To do this ,I tried to set the java object (referred here as 'projRes') for
> holding the result part of the drl and set it in WM using setGlobal().
> Then I declare the same object in the 'global' part of the rule and use it
> in RHS of the rule.

If it is a global, you cannot use modify; just call the setter in the usual
(Java) way. modify is required for and restricted to facts in working
memory.

-W