[rules-users] Dummy question from a new comer

cross.cy cross.cy.work at gmail.com
Thu Aug 11 22:37:26 EDT 2011

Hi, I only started using Guvnor recently. Just wonder if anyone could clarify
one question. A good benefit of using Guvnor to manage rules is to decouple
the rules from application code. However, the RHS of some rules may involve
actions related to other logic classes in application. For example, there's
a rule that sends out an email in the action, which uses methods defined
elsewhere in the project, and these should not be known by Guvnor. So my
solution for that is, create a declarative model containing an "Email" fact
in Guvnor. When the rule fires, logical insert an "Email" object. And back
in java code I'll try to check if there's an "Email" object created after
the fireAllRules() call. If there is, call my email sending method.
Is this the right way?  If so, what's the best way to look for the newly
created "Email" object in Java code? There are methods to getFactHandles()
and getObjects(). Are they the area to look for?

Any comment will be highly appreciated!

Yu