[rules-users] Putting breakpoints in JBoss server

Hezi Stern hezis at delegatecom.com
Sat Aug 13 08:45:47 EDT 2011

Hi,

I am trying to debug my rules running on my JBoss server. Unfortunately the
breakpoints do not work (although I am running in debug mode), I am able to
mark a breakpoint but it has no effect (Marking in the Java classes does
work).

When I run JUnit locally all works fine, I am able to put breakpoints and
the debugger stops as expected in the DRL file.

In JUnit I have an option to Debug as Drools JUnit test (and I also have a
Debug as Junit test) but when I wish to run my sever I only have "Start" or
"Debug" options (nothing indicating debug with Drools)

Is possible at all to breakpoint on JBoss? If yes is there something
specific that should be configured?

I am running:

-          Drools 5.2.0

-          Eclipse Helios