[rules-users] String.format question in the RHS

Joe White Joe.White at recondotech.com
Fri Aug 19 13:53:55 EDT 2011

I got it to work in mvel. You need to pass the second argument as an
mvel array (note the curly braces) for it to recognize the method
signature.

Here is a rule that works for me:

import java.util.Map;

import java.util.ArrayList;

import java.util.List;

import java.lang.String;

import com.recondotech.droolsTest.TestInput;

import com.recondotech.droolsTest.TestConts;

import com.recondotech.droolsTest.TestMap;

dialect "mvel"

rule "map list test rule"

    salience 155

    when

      TestInput(val : val!=null)

    then

      String result = String.format("%010d",{val});

      System.out.println(result);

    end