[rules-users] Stateless vs Stateful

Swindells, Thomas TSwindells at nds.com
Thu Aug 25 03:57:11 EDT 2011

There's technically no real difference between them, a stateless session just has a thin wrapper around it to call dispose automatically.
That said I'd recommend going for the stateful session, that way you can split up your operations easier, inserting the data, firing the rules, and then using queries to get the data out - and depending on your requirements it's much easier to write logic to fetch multiple bits of information out.  Depending on how your application and log will work it also means you can keep the session around and go through multiple steps of changing data and refiring the rules rather than starting from scratch each time.

Thomas