[rules-users] Error is Java.lang.RuntimeException

Michael Anstis michael.anstis at gmail.com
Fri Aug 26 04:44:57 EDT 2011

Agreed, it appears to be caused by the spreadsheet substituting "dumb"
quotation marks with "smart" quotation marks:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quotation_mark#Smart_quotes

There is a (loosely) related JIRA
https://issues.jboss.org/browse/JBRULES-2409 that could perhaps be extended
to cover handling of "smart" quotation marks too.