[rules-users] Disable strict mode in 5.2 via Spring configuration

dcrissman dac at akc.org
Fri Aug 26 09:59:21 EDT 2011

We are currently using an older version of Drools and are looking to upgrade
to the current. When we attempt this in testing we get a lot of issues
around mvel being in strict mode. While we certainly would love to address
these syntax issues on a case by case basis, for the time being we'd like to
just disable strict mode so that we can move forward with other testing that
we need to do.

We are using Spring context files to setup our Drools environment and would
love to be able to configure mvel in the same place. I have searched around
and have been unable to find a direct answer to this question...

Is there a way to disable strict mode from within a Spring context file?

Thanks.