[rules-users] Planner 5.3.Final - "presumedScore is corrupted" when using "update" on the rules working memory

Geoffrey De Smet ge0ffrey.spam at gmail.com
Thu Dec 1 03:12:21 EST 2011

Op 01-12-11 05:23, guyramirez schreef:
> Thank you for the pointers.
>
> My understanding is that since it is failing on the construction heuristic
> (move/unmove not used at this point) then the issue would be in the score
> rule?
yes, good assumption.
> Here is my only score rule (ShiftAssignment is the only planning entity with
> shiftStartTime/shiftEndTime changing). Maybe something would jump at you:
>
> rule "intervalRequirementCovered"
> 	when
> 		$intervalReq : IntervalRequirement($interval : interval, $position :
> position, $staffingRequired : staffingRequired)
> 		$matchingShiftAssignmentsCount : Number() from accumulate(
>              $matchingShiftAssignments : ShiftAssignment(shiftStartTime<=
> $interval, shiftEndTime>  $interval, position == $position),
> count($matchingShiftAssignments)
>          )
> 	then
> 		insertLogical(new IntConstraintOccurrence("intervalRequirementCovered",
> ConstraintType.NEGATIVE_HARD,
> 				Math.min($matchingShiftAssignmentsCount.intValue() - $staffingRequired,
> 0), $intervalReq, $position));
Looks good, although I don't think the $position cause is needed as
$intervalReq as a cause should be enough.

Also, I 'd change it like this:

... $matchingShiftAssignmentsCount : Number(intvalue<  $staffingRequired) ...

and leave out the Math.min(..., 0) code.

Verify that IntervalRequirement doesn't change during planning.
Are you using drools-planner-core 5.3.0.Final with drools-core
5.3.0.Final and drools-compiler 5.3.0.Final?

> end
>
> Thanks,
> Guy

With kind regards,