[rules-users] Planner 5.3.Final - "presumedScore is corrupted" when using "update" on the rules working memory => shadow proxies problems?

Geoffrey De Smet ge0ffrey.spam at gmail.com
Fri Dec 2 03:52:34 EST 2011

Ok, this is an non-normal case: I want to understand what's going wrong :)

Everything else looks fine, so I 'd focus on this:

Op 02-12-11 06:02, guyramirez schreef:
> Unfortunately still having the same issue, that is, updates on my planning
> entity are not reflected in the engine. Drools Experts mentions the
> following when updating facts:
> "The update() method can only be used with objects that have shadow proxies
> turned on".
> Not sure how to check about those shadow proxies, but is it something worth
> looking into?
That's message is not normal. I don't see that message in any of my
examples.
Shadow proxies is something of older versions of Drools that was
deprecated. Don't active it, it's not what you want.

Please check the following things:

- Debug your app and do an output of
WorkingMemory.getClass().getPackage().getSystem*Domain() or something
similar
which should output something like drools-core-5.3.0.Final.jar

- In Drools Expert, there are 2 classes named WorkingMemory and also 2
named FactHandle.
Planner 5.3 is still using those in the org.drools (which are the older
ones), not those in org.drools.runtime.rule (which are the newer ones).
Do a global search for "import org.drools.runtime.rule". That should
give no results.

Keep me up to date with what you find.
> Thanks,
> Guy