[rules-users] Data structures in Guvnor REST API

Joe Ammann joe at pyx.ch
Fri Dec 2 04:05:50 EST 2011

On 12/02/2011 06:02 AM, Jervis Liu wrote:
> On 2011/12/1 19:03, Joe Ammann wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> On 12/01/2011 06:40 AM, Jervis Liu wrote:
>>> the Asset.type is a standard property from Dublin core
>>> (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dublin_Core), though this property is
>>> never used by Guvnor Asset or Package, its always empty. I will remove
>>> this property from the REST API.  Thanks for pointing this out.
>>>
>> I would not go too fast in removing it. If it is still available in
>> Guvnor, IMHO it should also be available in the API. I was just
>> wondering if there are any current uses for this.
>>
>> I might want to use this in my application :-)
>>
> I would not suggest you to use Asset.type to store custom information as
> this field is a reserved property in Guvnor thus there is no guarantee
> the information you stored will be preserved in the future.

I'm perfectly aware of that, and prepared to change it in the future.
Thing is that I need to store additional information. For packages, it's
quite easy, I just place a specific file in that package. For Assets, I
only see 2 choices currently: type or note. Pretty much everything else
that the REST API offers is used for different things.

Of course, the ideal solution for me would be if the API offered a
generic key/value list for "other metadata".

--
CU, Joe