[rules-users] MVEL expression

kapokfly ivan.jiang.ww at foxmail.com
Sat Dec 3 12:49:16 EST 2011

"the LHS "when" is not MVEL, it's DRL Pattern language, it's just that some
things we translate to MVEL for execution. Our pattner language does not
support casting, no. However MVEL itself does support casting, and you can
do that on a RHS "then" which is full MVEL.
Sorry that's not quite true, if you use an EVAL thats pure MVEL a cast
should work inside of that, as evals are like black boxes to the rule engine
and they are executed directly by java or mvel depending on the dialect you
chose."

Finally I found something 'official' :--) It was confusing me why Drools
does not support transparent type casting while MVEL has a very good support
on that, now it explains...

Hi Mark,
Is this still true with the latest Drools 5.3? BTW, great work on MVEL, we
like it :-)

-----
Ivan, your Panda, forever