[rules-users] Want help with Resource Scanner though not using changeSets

Esteban Aliverti esteban.aliverti at gmail.com
Tue Dec 6 04:03:09 EST 2011

ResourceChangeScanner is not bound to Guvnor in any way. It just check for
modifications in one or more resources. Resources can be files in the
filesystem, in the classpath or in an URL (being Guvnor a subset of these).
So, you can configure a knowledge agent with a handmade change-set (an xml
containing the resources definitions) pointing to your resources. Don't
forget to start ResourceChangeScanner and ResourceChangeNotifier
using ResourceFactory class.
If you want to have more control over when the changes in a package should
be applied, you can turn off (or never start) these 2 services and force a
scan in the resources using ResourceChangeScannerImpl.scan(). For an
example of this last approach, you can take a look at this test and its
superclass:
https://raw.github.com/droolsjbpm/drools/master/drools-compiler/src/test/java/org/drools/agent/KnowledgeAgentIncrementalChangeSetTest.java
https://raw.github.com/droolsjbpm/drools/master/drools-compiler/src/test/java/org/drools/agent/BaseKnowledgeAgentTest.java

Best Regards,