[rules-users] Salience & activation-group

ronalbury ronalbury at gmail.com
Tue Dec 6 11:07:41 EST 2011

Thanks for your quick response, but I am still confused.

An activation-group assures that only one rule in the group will fire (an
XOR group)

Salience controls the order of evaluation

The regular expression test has the higher salience and will trigger if it
is a bad number ... so why is the other rule even being tested?

In the mean time I will re-write the underWritingClassAsInt method to deal
with a bad number ... but this seems wrong to me.