[rules-users] Inserting Facts from Json Format

ihabo01 ihabo01 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 8 12:07:30 EST 2011

Hello to all,

I have the following simple rule:

declare FlatData
    param1 : String
    param2 : String
end

rule "Test"
      when
            a:FlatData(param1=="something")
      then
            a.setParam2("hi");
end

And I have the following code to load the rule:

KnowledgeBuilder kBuilder = KnowledgeBuilderFactory.newKnowledgeBuilder();
kBuilder.add(ResourceFactory.newFileResource("myRule.drl"),ResourceType.DRL);
KnowledgeBaseConfiguration kBaseConfig = KnowledgeBaseFactory
.newKnowledgeBaseConfiguration();
KnowledgeBase kBase = KnowledgeBaseFactory.newKnowledgeBase(kBaseConfig);
kBase.addKnowledgePackages(kBuilder.getKnowledgePackages());
StatefulKnowledgeSession session = kBase.newStatefulKnowledgeSession();
session.fireAllRules();

And I have also the following object (in Json) that I would like to insert
as a fact just before firing the rules:
{"object":{" FlatData ":{"param1":"value1","param2":”value2”}}}}

How can I achieve that?

Many thanks in advance for your help

Ihab