[rules-users] 5.3.0.Final throws RuntimeDroolsException: Unable to merge resource attribute for type declaration

Davide Sottara dsotty at gmail.com
Fri Dec 9 23:16:47 EST 2011

I can confirm the behavior, type declarations apparently can't be redefined
in multiple resources - i.e. the AbstractRuleBase (line 642) throws an
exception when merging in a package containing a redeclaration of a type
coming from a different resource w.r.t. to the original type declarations.

I think the intention was to prevent additional redeclarations of a bean,
with all the related classloading issues. Unfortunately, this clashes with
the policy that classes must be (re)declared in order to add metadata or let
other beans extend them.**

My suggestion would be to differentiate >>definitions<<, i.e. the first
declaration of a novel bean, resulting in a class generation, from
>>declarations<< (my wording), i.e. any use that does NOT result in class
definition.

@Edson: this is something I wanted to mention to you before, just hadn't
time :)