[rules-users] Error using drools.net for web application

rulesengine.eval steve.mark.barash at gmail.com
Tue Dec 13 11:20:26 EST 2011

I have seen a few posts on this, but nothing that seems to solve it.

I have used drools.net working successfully locally in a windows app with
the following code:

PackageBuilder builder = new PackageBuilder();

Stream stream =
Assembly.GetExecutingAssembly().GetManifestResourceStream("MinimalDroolsForm.SimpleRules.drl");

            builder.AddPackageFromDrl("MinimalDroolsForm.SimpleRules.drl",
stream);

            Package pkg = builder.GetPackage();

            ruleBase = RuleBaseFactory.NewRuleBase();

            ruleBase.AddPackage(pkg);

            workingMemory = ruleBase.NewWorkingMemory();
            workingObj = new CustomerRecord();

etc.

However, when I try something similar in a web app, I get the following
error at builder.AddPackageFromDrl("DroolsApp.SimpleRules.drl", stream); :

"The invoked member is not supported in a dynamic assembly"

I am using all of the following assemblies:
1) drools-3.0
2) drools-dep
3) drools.dotnet
4) IKVM.GNU.Classpath
5) IKVM.Runtime

Additionally, My rule is very simple:

package DroolsApp

rule "OldCustomer"
    when
        cust : CustomerRecord( DaysSinceLastOrder > 90, Status !=
"Re-Active" )
    then
        true;
end

I am targeting the .NET Framework 4, and running on Windows7, under IIS7.

Please let me know if you need any additional information.

Thank you.