[rules-users] Poor performance from a simple join

Mark Proctor mproctor at codehaus.org
Mon Dec 19 11:58:10 EST 2011

sorry I misread that, you've put the binding first, not using a nested
accessor.

Currently you have
$call              : BINNING_INPUT()
$device_typeLookup : LU_DEVICE_TYPE( $call.device_type == device_type )

try rewriting it as:
$call              : BINNING_INPUT()
$device_typeLookup : LU_DEVICE_TYPE( device_type == $call.device_type )

I know edson was working on making such that the order no longer
matters, I'm not sure what progress he made on that and he's away at the
moment so can't answer. It may be that he's already done that work and
it's correctly getting executed as an indexed constraint, or it might be
rewritting to an eval. Hopefully edson can answer when he gets back.

Ass Mauricio suggests, maybe you can restrict the number of instances
for BINNING_INPUT and LU_DEVICE_TYPE too.

Mark