[rules-users] Decision table multiple sheets...

Sumeet Karawal sumeet.karawal at tcs.com
Wed Dec 21 04:33:10 EST 2011

Hi,

I am having my rules in a Decision Table (.xls)

There I have 3 sheets for rules.

Like in Sheet1 there are two Rule Tables... In Sheet2 there are 2 and in
Sheet3 there is only 1.

When I am creating the knowledgebase and firing rules, the rules that are
in the Sheet1 are getting fired. But the rules in other sheets are not
getting fired.

When I convert them to String to check using this code :

String str = DecisionTableFactory.loadFromInputStream
(ResourceFactory.newClassPathResource
("com/sample/MemberDiscountRules.xls").getInputStream(), dtconf);
System.out.println(str);

I can see the rules that are present in Sheet1 only.

Please anybody help me on this. How can I get the rules in other two sheets
to get fired.
Also how can we fire the rules of only a particular Rule table in the
decision table.

Thanks & Regards,
Sumeet

Mailto: sumeet.karawal at tcs.com