[rules-users] Action

Vincent LEGENDRE vincent.legendre at eurodecision.com
Wed Dec 21 13:11:55 EST 2011

First solution is the one I use almost all times, and moving facts from a session to another is far less costly than propagating facts for rules that will never be fired...

The second solution could be great too, but I am not sure that it will cut all propagations. If you have this :
rule "unused"
when
    exists ControlFact("some_group_id")
    MyFact(att == value1)
I am prety sure that MyFact(att == value1) will generate a node which will be updated at each MyFact insert/update/retract, regardless of the first condition is true or not ... but may be I am wrong ...

Globally, my advice is : if you can partition your rules in independant groups, do it really and create independant sessions (especially if performances become critical).