[rules-users] Null Pointer Exception : org.mvel2.ast.Negation.getReducedValueAccelerated(PredicateConstraint.java:298)

Ronald Albury ronalbury at gmail.com
Wed Dec 28 09:54:41 EST 2011

MVEL appeared to be null pointer protected when it evaluated our rules ...
at least until it got to a Boolean attribute.  In every other instance when
an value is null Drools skips over the rule ... however, I get the null
pointer exception listed above when Drools goes to execute this rule and
the getOwn_eaIsProposedInsuredIndAsBoolean method returns null.

rule "EasyApp Owner Insert"
    ruleflow-group "insert-group"
    when
        $ea : EasyApp(!getOwn_eaIsProposedInsuredIndAsBoolean())
    then
        insert($ea.getOwn_xmParty());
        insert($ea.getOwn_xmAddress());
        insert($ea.getOwn_xmRelation());