[rules-users] Using DateFormat and getting today's date in drools5.0

kwyto kwyto at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 28 19:11:42 EST 2011

I'm having a similar problem, but so far I have found that drools.dateformat
is a System Property. You can set it in your code by using
System.setProperty("drools.dateformat", "dd/MM/yyyy"). although the default
is dd-MMM-yyyy (12-DEC-2008). Also, I'm using tomcat so to set it using
command line use -Ddrools.dateformat="dd/MM/yyyy" or whatever else format
you want to use. Date formatting can be found here
http://www.geekzilla.co.uk/View00FF7904-B510-468C-A2C8-F859AA20581F.htm