[rules-users] drools global variable problem

Saurabh maheshwari.saurabh03 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 11 11:20:22 EST 2011

hi
    I have got the answer of above question in drools documentation .
      drools global variables are immutable .

now i have inserted this object into memory as control .

rule myrule 1
when
       $ct:  control ( $t : timeTo)
       $m : Medicine(expiryDate <  ($t - 60000))
then
       retract($m)
end

but it takes more time then  this rule myrule2  .functionality wise working
fine .

rule myrule 2
when
$m : Medicine (expiryDate <(  System.currentTimemillis() -600000))
then
retract($m);
end

but i can not take time as System.currentTimemillis()

 in myrule1 medicine fact type does the cartisian product with control . but
control  is single and each time i update it .

So what am i doing wrong ?  or somewhere i am conceptually wrong

Plz help me if u have any idea about this .

Regards

Saurabh