[rules-users] CEP - @expires an event cause deadlock?

rodih roded.hess at gmail.com
Sun Feb 13 08:13:16 EST 2011

Hi,
I am new to CEP though I made a simple rule which which declares an event as
expires after few milliseconds.
If events are inserted into a stream and at the same time events are
retracted from the stream due to expiration, the application is stuck - Cant
insert any more events and no events are retracted.

declare StockEventWrapper
   @role( event )
   @expires(10s)
end

rule "Stock Event Buffer Rules"
	dialect "java"
	when
		 $stock : StockMotiveFactWrapper(timeAlerted == null)
		 $sew: StockEventWrapper(this.synonymContainedInTitle == true &&
$stock.stockId == this.stockId ,$stock.motiveTypeId == this.motiveTypeId)
over window:time(24h) from entry-point "STOCK_EVENTS"
	then
		System.out.println("Creating " + $stock.getStockId() + " " +
$stock.getMotiveTypeId());
		modify($stock){
			setTimeAlerted(new Date());
		}