[rules-users] Applying rules on the data in an RDBMS

Michael Anstis michael.anstis at gmail.com
Mon Feb 14 06:56:56 EST 2011

You can access Objects from external resources using the "from" keyword (in
fact the use of this with Hibernate named queries is a documented use-case,
IIRC).

The Objects are not however inserted into WorkingMemory using "from" are
should therefore be time-constant as their properties will not be included
in truth maintenance.

If you require the Objects as Facts in WorkingMemory for the inference
engine to reason with, you can write rules using "from" that insert into
WorkingMemory.