[rules-users] how to stop rule execution

Travis_Smith at bnz.co.nz Travis_Smith at bnz.co.nz
Wed Feb 16 18:17:50 EST 2011

Hi,

This is perhaps not the performance hit you think it is as the rules are
evaluated as they are loaded. The Rete algorithm will evaluate that the
rule is not null and trigger.

Another consideration is that you may need to use a flatter fact-model if
you're drilling down with 'from' operators and needing to trap for nulls.

Aside from that, if you use Rule Flow Groups and a Rule Flow as Michael
Anstis suggested:You can use a Split Connector to branch around that
section of ruleflow, and a Join Connector to continue, connected either to
the next ruleflow step, or to a Stop.

Regards,
-Trav

Travis Smith
Analyst Programmer
Development Centre
BNZ

DDI: +644 4746356 (Or Ext 76356)

Sathya Prakash <prakashagarval at gmail.com>
Sent by: rules-users-bounces at lists.jboss.org
17/02/2011 11:51 a.m.
Please respond to
Rules Users List <rules-users at lists.jboss.org>

Mauricio Salatino <salaboy at gmail.com>, michael.anstis at gmail.com
cc
Rules Users List <rules-users at lists.jboss.org>
Subject
Re: [rules-users] how to stop rule execution

I got great Idea by this discussion.

If there is no way of stopping rules then I can do this null condition
check before executing rules. Adding one action in JBoss ESB will solve
problem.

Please suggest me.

Many Thanks in advance.

Regards,