[rules-users] Expose JBoss rules as webservice

Travis_Smith at bnz.co.nz Travis_Smith at bnz.co.nz
Thu Feb 17 01:16:40 EST 2011

Aah, my apologies, I merely answered your immediate previous question on
where to download Drools Server.

Short answer:
There is no JBoss BRMS-specific WebService provider.
The Drools Server may possibly work with JBoss BRMS.
If not then you will need to roll-your-own or hire out to someone else who
can build one for you.

My understanding from talking to others around is that historically most
people have built their own WebService interface, so no, nothing coming
"out of the box" as it were.

I have not used Drools Server yet to know if it can be integrated with
BRMS (unless someone else on this list can comment?) - given that it's
there and will only cost you time, it may be worth trying.

Regards,
-Trav

Travis Smith
Analyst Programmer
Development Centre
BNZ

DDI: +644 4746356 (Or Ext 76356)

vkishorekumar <vkishore_kumar at mahindrasatyam.com>
Sent by: rules-users-bounces at lists.jboss.org
17/02/2011 06:49 p.m.
Please respond to
Rules Users List <rules-users at lists.jboss.org>

rules-users at lists.jboss.org
cc

Subject
Re: [rules-users] Expose JBoss rules as webservice

Hi Travis,

Do you have any articles which explains how to expose JBoss rules as a
WebService? I have searched on the internet but struggling to find out if
JBoss BRMS directly supports exposing business rules as WebService, if yes
how?

Thanks & Regards
Kishore

CAUTION - This message may contain privileged and confidential information
intended only for the use of the addressee named above. If you are not the
intended recipient of this message you are hereby notified that any use,
dissemination, distribution or reproduction of this message is prohibited.
This email was sent by the Bank of New Zealand. You can contact us on
0800 ASK BNZ (0800 275 269). Any views expressed in this message are those
of the individual sender and may not necessarily reflect the views of Bank
of New Zealand.