[rules-users] how to stop rule execution

Wolfgang Laun wolfgang.laun at gmail.com
Thu Feb 17 03:13:48 EST 2011

An exit from rule execution is possible by throwing an exception. You
may catch this in a try/catch surrounding the fireAllRules call.

Another way would be to call
   drools.stop()
on the RHS and start rule processing with fireUntilHalt(), and in this
case you will also have to provide a low-priority rule
   rule TheEnd
   salience (Integer.MIN_VALUE)
      drools.stop();