[rules-users] Eclipse IDE not validating .drl files

StormeHawke Brian.Trezise at intellidata.net
Fri Feb 18 10:21:48 EST 2011

Travis Smith wrote:

> I'm assuming you're using Seam here (which is a variation on Eclipse)

No, I'm using eclipse Galileo

Travis Smith wrote:

> Have you made sure to update your Runtime?
>
> Window >> Preferences >> Drools >> Installed Drools Runtimes
>
> The runtime is used for rules validation through the IDE.

I hadn't done this because I wasn't aware that you had to - syntax coloring
was working, just not validation, so I wasn't sure what the problem was.
However, creating a new Eclipse runtime has caused even syntax coloring to
stop working - now all I get is a plain text editor, and still no
validation.

These are the steps I followed:

Opened Window >> Preferences >> Drools >> Installed Drools Runtimes
There were no Installed Drools Runtimes listed, so I clicked "Add..."
Clicked "Create a new Drools 5 Runtime..."
Created a new folder under UserRoot/.eclipse/ called "DroolsRuntime" and
clicked "OK"
Selected the new Drools Runtime in the list and clicked "OK"
Restarted Eclipse

Thoughts?