[rules-users] unsolved myth regarding transitive closure using insertlogical...

Simon Chen simonchennj at gmail.com
Sat Feb 19 10:01:01 EST 2011

Let me make sure I get it correctly...

The example you gave seems to be the one-hop case. For the two-hop
case, we need something like this

when
   edge(a, b), reach(b, c), not exists reach(a, c)
then
   insertLogical( reach(a,c) )

So, where do you put your logical around? It should include both
edge(a,b) and reach(b,c), right?

Another thought, can we have something like
testExistsAndInsertLogical() to replace insertLogical()? But this may
be buggy, as the conditions are all met, so the rule actually fired...

I really need this working, so I'll probably take a crack at modifying
drools, although haven't done it before...

Thanks.
-Simon