[rules-users] Does this work - create new facts in session and add to other facts?

Michael Anstis michael.anstis at gmail.com
Sun Feb 20 08:49:07 EST 2011

Are your EJB3 beans merely JPA annotated, or state(full\less) session beans?

Drools can create new instance of JPA annotated beans, as there's simply
POJOs however if for stateful\stateless session beans your contain will
handle life-cycle.

The associations you describe are part of your domain model and therefore
Drools rules can achieve what you describe. Here's a simple example:-

rule "ensure all documents have a summary line"
when
    $d : Document( )
    not Line( document == $d, lineType == "summaryLine" )
then
    Line newLine = new Line();
    newLine.setDocument( $d );
    insert(newLine);
end

Your exact implementation will depend upon your object model.

With kind regards,

Mike