[rules-users] Does Drools Fusion support "Group By" clause ?

Gabor Szokoli szocske at gmail.com
Tue Jan 4 05:15:41 EST 2011

Hi,

Purely for educational purposes I am trying to figure out how this
will work when multiple Sale instances share the same "type" string.

It seems to me that under the default "identity" assertion mode of the
Working Memory, as many SaleType instances would be maintained as
there are unexpired Sale events. In the degenerate case of all n Sale
instances sharing the same type string, rules that bind a SaleType
variable on their LHS should fire n times more than expected.

Am I missing something?

On the other hand "declare" creates a constructor with parameters? Neat!