[rules-users] Swing GUI & Drools

Michael Anstis michael.anstis at gmail.com
Thu Jan 6 04:50:42 EST 2011

My 2c...

Who's to say that Drools is not a good fit?

I see any Rules Engine as a means to externalise rules; whether they are
maintained by Users or IT.

Of course the overhead of introducing another technology to an applications
code-base needs to be balanced with many other factors: skillset, memory
consumption etc even frequency of change.

If the application in question is pretty static in its requirements for
UI-centric rules; a good implementation of the Mediator pattern may prove
more beneficial.

Cheers,

Mike