[rules-users] large rulebase load time

Joe White Joe.White at recondotech.com
Thu Jan 13 11:55:00 EST 2011

For a large rulebase (200k+ rules) will the call to
addPackageFromDrl(drlString) run faster if the number of rules is
smaller but the rules include more || statements between predicates?

There is only one type of object ever inserted in working memory and I
have many rules with the same RHS. I can collapse those rules into one
LHS with ors between the predicates in the object, but I would only go
through the effort of optimizing if it would improve load time.

Thanks for your help.

Joe

This message is confidential. It may also be privileged or otherwise
protected by work product immunity or other legal rules. If you have
received it by mistake, please let us know by e-mail reply and delete it
from your system. You may not copy this message or disclose its contents
to anyone. The integrity and security of this message cannot be
guaranteed on the Internet.