[rules-users] Why Using "from" Always Return A New Fact?

hyjshanghai hyjshanghai at gmail.com
Thu Jan 20 00:40:15 EST 2011

OK. You mean the behavior differs by versions.  My above test in which both
rules fired was using Drools 5.1.1.

Questions:

1. "Since the lock and no-loop features are based on the fact handles, the
sometimes undesired interaction occurs."
Could you elaborate more on how is lock-on-active based on fact handles?

2. Is it the expected design that when I ran my above rules in Drools 5.1.1
both rules should fire? How is it related to the fact that lock-on-active is
based on fact handles?