[rules-users] Some doubts on Guvnor

Diego Martins diegomartins.br at gmail.com
Thu Jan 20 21:44:46 EST 2011

Hello!

So, let'me explain what is happening first...

I'm developing a project based on seam 2.2.0, and we used to have guvnor
(5.0.1) working perfectly. So, suddenly I decided it was time to move on and
start using the newest version (5.1.1, i guess). Made a backup of the older
version, configured the newer guvnor and deployed it. But I didn't know
Guvnor 5.1.1 had this need to authenticate in order to retrieve the binary
packages, which causes some trouble with seam 2.2.0, since I can't configure
username and password on my rules.properties, making it impossible to
integrate them.

Then I decided to move back to my good old guvnor 5.0.1, but as I tried to
deploy, malign forces started acting and, what worked perfectly before, no
longer works. This is the exception: http://pastebin.com/VUWxJyLD

(BTW, I'm using tomcat 6)

So, nothing changed, but suddenly Guvnor 5.0.1 no longer deploys.

I tried to find this version on Jboss Drools website, without success. Looks
like the only version available is the newest.

So, I came to you kindly asking for urgent help... It could be on how to fix
this exception and make my backup deployable again, or on how to get older
versions of Guvnor (preferably 5.0.1).

Thanks already!

Diego Martins