[rules-users] How to write a rule that fires when it matches against specific facts in working memory.

groovenarula gnarula1 at la-z-boy.com
Fri Jan 21 04:09:24 EST 2011

Thanks for the options, Bruno and Wolfgang.

But is there a more 'generic' way to do the matches ? The problem I have is
that the # of instances that might match could vary. And I have to provide a
means for the business users to be able to provide that 'option's code'
using a decision table. Basically I need to be able to provide a construct
that's would look something like :

    "P1,P2"
    "P1,P4,P5"

So in the above decision table had 2 rules where in the first row represents
a rule that matches against Options with Codes P1 and P2. And the second
rule would match against options with codes P1, P4 and P5.

Is it possible to represent this using Drools decision tables ?

Thanks
Gurvinder