[rules-users] Drools Java and .Net

FrankVhh frank.vanhoenshoven at agserv.eu
Tue Jan 25 10:04:21 EST 2011

Hi all,

Suppose that you have a rule engine that needs to be embedded on the machine
and that there is no way to call the rules as a service from a centralized
server, what approach would one have to choose to make Drools and .NET work?

The rulke engine will have to be cached to improve performance, so that
part, until there is an up-to-date version of Drools.NET, has to be in Java
anyway. Then you expose your JAVA code as a (local) service and let .NET
call it? Or am I seeing things wrong here?

I must stipulate that I am not an expert in .NET at all, and I know only
barely enough Java to get Drools working :-).

Thanks for your help.

Kind regards,
Frank