[rules-users] Templates(without spreadsheet) with DSL

Wolfgang Laun wolfgang.laun at gmail.com
Thu Jan 27 05:21:15 EST 2011

Compiling to DRL is a low-level technique, useful for debugging or
unit tests of Drools itself.

Standard procedure is to add dsl and dslr (in this order) to a KnowledgeBuilder:

KnowledgeBuilder kBuilder = ...
Resource dsl = ResourceFactory.newClassPathResource( dslPath, getClass() );
kBuilder.add( dsl, ResourceType.DSL );
Resource dslr = ResourceFactory.newClassPathResource( dslrPath, getClass() );
kBuilder.add( dslr, ResourceType.DSLR );
-- check for errors
-- get the packages, etc.

-W