[rules-users] Question on Drools upgrade from 2 to 5

Steve Floridas steve.floridas at gmail.com
Fri Jan 28 17:47:10 EST 2011

Hi,

We are an insurance company employing drools ( version 2 currently) for
policy validation rules and for reading policy specific rates from
spreadsheet using drools. We are currently running in to memory issues when
we execute the compiled JAR ( including the drools compiled files), as there
are lot of rules fired for different versions of policy rating. My question
here is :-
Is there any scope of resolving this memory issue with upgrade of drools
package from version 2 to version 5? Will the compiled DRLs in Drools 5 be
more compressed compared to Drools 2?

I have been trying to upgrade to Drools 5 by adding the necessary jars for
compilation. But unfortunately I am gettng few errors on spreadsheet and DRL
compilation. Is there more to work on the upgrade?

One of the errors I frequently get for spreadsheet comparison is something
like below:

*Invalid character input "?" (character code 65533)*

Please clarify my above questions.

Thank you much,
Steve
**