[rules-users] Is there any way to compress (gzip) the rules package to optimize network traffic between server and agent?

tarley.lana tarley.lana at gmail.com
Fri Jul 1 09:28:33 EDT 2011

We have a drools application composed of almost 1000 rules. The rules
deployment package has almost 8MB and we need to distribute it over a 100
Kbps network for offline use on some client machines.
If we could zip this package, it would require only 237Kbytes (instead 8MB).
It seems, however, the class org.drools.agent.impl.KnowledgeAgentImpl
doesn't support  gzip compression.
Is it right? Is there any workaround for this problem?

Thanks in advance.