[rules-users] Is there any way to compress (gzip) the rules package to optimize network traffic between server and agent?

Geoffrey De Smet ge0ffrey.spam at gmail.com
Fri Jul 1 11:09:13 EDT 2011

Nothing out-of-the-box AFAIK, but a patch (or better yet a pull request)
is welcome.

Just wrapping both ends in ZipOutputstream and ZipInputstream should do
the trick,
but then we'd have always zipping, but we might want it optional.

If we want optional zipping, the client should include a header/argument
to the server
to ask it in zip format (similar like the HTTP protocol) and the server
should always support both (just do what the client asks him to do).
That we we don't rely in the client and server having to be configured
the same and crashing wierdly if they aren't.

Op 01-07-11 16:42, tarley.lana schreef:
> Ok, but I have to modify the class org.drools.agent.impl.KnowledgeAgentImpl
> for it to do unzip the package on the client. There is no standard mechanism
> for this?

With kind regards,
Geoffrey De Smet