[rules-users] Implementation of not conditional expression

jkrupka jkrupka at gmail.com
Sat Jul 2 07:12:15 EDT 2011

How is the not conditional expression implemented?  I am using it as a gate
expression - I can't remember if that's the correct technical term or not,
basically I'm using that expression to prevent the rules engine from having
to evaluate additional expressions on the same rule which I know to be
somewhat expensive and potentially frequently evaluated and added to the
agenda, but only infrequently executed (due to highly dynamic facts).  In
the testing I have done, it seems to work well, but I'm not sure if there's
a certain number of facts where the not CE calculation will outweigh the
thing it's preventing.  Is the not CE something that's optimized, or does
the rules engine have to look through all the facts of that type to
determine if the not CE is true?  In my case there could be 10's of
thousands of the fact on which I have the not CE.