[rules-users] How to change database configuration from derby to oracle?

Deepak Cherukuri deepak.cherukuri at valuemomentum.biz
Wed Jul 6 01:24:44 EDT 2011

Dear All,

Firstly, before deploying the Drools guvnor in weblogic11g , I set the
repository configuration in components.xml.below is the path i mentioned for
repositoryConfiguration

<component name="repositoryConfiguration">
<property name="homeDirectory">E:/GuvnorRepo/</property>

Deployed the Drools guvnor in weblogic11g , and in E drive GuvnorRepo folder
has created with 3 sub folders workspaces,repository,version and
repository.xml.
Now i updated the repository.xml for changing the database from derby to
oracle.
Below are the changes
<PersistenceManager
class="org.apache.jackrabbit.core.persistence.bundle.OraclePersistenceManage
r">
<param name="driver" value="oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver"/>
<param name="url" value="jdbc:oracle:thin:@rsa10gserver:1525:ifpub34"/>
<param name="user" value="drools_repository"/>
<param name="password" value="drools_repository"/>
<param name="schema" value="oracle"/>
<param name="schemaObjectPrefix" value="version_"/>
<param name="tableSpace" value=""/>
<param name="errorHandling" value=""/>
</PersistenceManager>

Now i restarted the weblogic11g and it successfully deployed and entered
into the login page and but i could not see any rules in the left navigation
page.

Is there any other procedure rather than what I have done?

Whether I should import/export new repository.xml ?

Please help me regarding this.

Thanks & Regards

Deepak Cherukuri | Software Engineer

Value Momentum Software Services Pvt Ltd(SEZUnit),

HitechCity2, Gachibowli(V)

Hyderabad 500 081

 <mailto:deepak.cherukuri at valuemomentum.biz>
deepak.cherukuri at valuemomentum.biz