[rules-users] Drools - Guvnor problem

_bart dgrundler at doubleslash.de
Wed Jul 6 07:10:13 EDT 2011

Ok I will describe it again:

We want to administrate some objects in guvnor. Every object has one id, one
name and one description. We have round about 100 objects.

One use case is, that all objects (id, name and description) should be
displayed in a drop down box in our web frontend.
The next use case is, that it has to be possible to load one object (id,
name, decription) by id.

My solution in pseudo code for the rule is:

IF id IS SET search object and return it or return null if not exist.
IF ID IS NOT SET return all objects.

So I need a rule for these requirements. The rule above returns the object
specified by id correctly (the id will be set with id $system.getId()).
Also the rule above returns all objects from the data table. But the id is
missing in every object.

I hope it is clear now.
Maybe my approach is wrong?