[rules-users] Best practise, configuration in DB or in a BRMS

thornpw kradd at tscc.de
Thu Jul 7 22:20:29 EDT 2011

Hello,

I have a lot of processes that uses DB Tables for mapping purposes. For
exmplae in a table is sotred, that users of a special location put in a
spezified OU in the directory. This works fine, Such a table could be editet
with SQL Statements, I don't have to deploy something etc.

But I think, that it should be the better solution to have this in drools,
because I get a user interface in the guvnor for free and I could use ACL to
define which Business User could change which kind of mappings, while I have
to code this stuff in a SQL Solution.

I tried out to do such mappings in the Guvnor and it worked fine, but I
deploy such a mapping is much more compley to the Business User then
changing some SQL (would be done by admins). Do I miss something? Is there a
way to let Business people change Decision Tables on the fly and nothing has
to be deployed?

thanks for your help